Sunday, September 18, 2011

***Parent Update***

Parents!  I wanted to give you an update on some of the lessons I will be covering this week.  This past week we spent the majority of our language arts time working on learning about the writing process, the traits of writing, and the types of writing.  The students will have a test on this information on Thursday, September 22, 2011.  The students took notes in class, but there is also additional information under the writing tab of this blog.  Due to the amount of time that it took to thoroughly explain the elements of writing, I was unable to start teaching about independent and dependent clauses.  With that being said, the grammar skill this week will be independent and dependent clauses. 

In science we began learning about animal cells. The students created a diagram of an animal cell, and this week they will be creating their own animal cell models.  I just finished grading their animal cell diagrams, and they did an excellent job labeling and identifying the parts of an animal cell. 

As always, do not hesitate to call if there are any questions. 

-Ms. Keys

12 comments:

  1. Mrs. Keys, I have tried several times to post a comment, but for some reason did not go through. Brandon is by my side helping me to get this one right, so then I will be able to comment on the Blog. I really enjoy seeing the pictures and the boys and girls hard at work. Betty Cales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mrs. Cales! I am excited that you have figured out how to post comments on the blog! Please feel free to contact me anytime through the blog or e-mail! I hope you enjoy the pictures! I took more today, and I plan on posting them tomorrow evening!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey class somebody right :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys its Brandon I just want to say that I am haveing fun with all of you guys and mrs.keys is also really nice dont you think.I can not wait to see what she has next for us can you?I just want to thank you guys for being so nice to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey brit its shelbs right me back:) cant wait for your birthday party on the 24:) happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE YOU MRS.KEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey shelbs cant wait for my b-day party eathier!!! i wish i could invite mrs keys :( cause she is so very NICE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey ms.keys i think the whole class is sad that we did something wrong im not sure what it is but sorry

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can not wait see who is student of the month great job if you are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i wonder when student of the month is hmmmmmmm???????

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey class everybody pray for lane. love yo camden

    ReplyDelete