Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weekly Parent Update

Parents!  I must say that we had another fun and exciting week.  The students finished their unit on animal cells, and we will start are social studies unit on learning about the earliest Americans.  I am still in the process of grading their writing process test and their spelling test.  So far, the students have done a great job.  This week our grammar skill will focus on being able to identify common and proper nouns, and in writing we will begin writing our own narratives. 

I sent home midterm grades on Friday, and I will need to have those signed and returned to me as soon as possible.  I was very impressed with their grades.  Also, the students will be taking a field trip to Grandview on Thursday, October 6, 2011.  I will be sending home permission forms this week.  The permission forms will also need to be signed and returned as soon as possible.   

I hope you have had a great weekend.  Make sure you look under our classroom photos tab in order to see pictures of the students creating their animal cells.  I look forward to another great week.  


Sneak Peak Pictures of our Animal Cell Creations 


The rest of the pictures are located under the classroom photos tab. 

Also, the students were NOT allowed to eat their animal cells at school.  However, I did tell them that what they did at home was up to their parents.  I hope you did not mind! :)
 

9 comments:

  1. r the parents allowed to go on the field trip with u guys? i would love to go with u guys if parents are allowed. i loved nathan's animal cell cake =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i ate it and it was great and yummy!!!! hope we make one again or some thing diffrent thats fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey ms.keys i love the pic of the animal cells they are so awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could've done that with yall but the bad part about it while you were doin that...I HAVE TO GET GLASSES!!!!! ahhhhhhh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant wait till our field trip its going to be so fun and awesome. I hope we stay there a long time so we can have more time to explore!!!!!!!
    around

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey ms.keys i love the pitures by the way are the parents allowed to go on the feild trip with us im pretty sure my parents would love to



    love,
    madison

    ReplyDelete